Dr Rajiv Grover is currently the Chair of Excellence in Sales and Marketing at University of Memphis, Tennessee, USA, after serving the Fogelman College of Business and Economics as Dean from 2007-2018. Prior to that, Dr Grover was the holder of the Terry Distinguished Chair of Marketing and the Head of the Marketing Department at the University of Georgia, USA.
Earlier, over his long and distinguished career, Dr Grover had also held academic positions at Penn State University, University of Pittsburgh, University of Georgia, Duke University and Stanford University.
In addition to authoring several books and simulations, Dr Grover has published in top academic journals such as Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Marketing; and has been on the editorial board of Journal of Marketing Research and Journal of Marketing. Among his many accomplishments, some significant ones include:
- The 2007 Lifetime Achievement Award in Marketing Research by Frost & Sullivan (a global consultancy firm in the area of marketing research and intelligence)
- The Outstanding Academic Title award for the Handbook of Marketing Research in 2007 by Choice (a publishing unit of the Association of College and Research Libraries)
- Citation by Business Week as the Best MBA teacher at The University of Georgia, in 1999
- The Hugh O. Nurse Award for Excellence in MBA Teaching in 1998, The University of Georgia
- The O’Dell Award (1992) by The Journal of Marketing Research for a paper published in 1987 (granted to papers with maximum impact over the five years following publication)
- Founding editor of the journal, The Journal of Market-Focused Management (An Interdisciplinary Journal 1995-2000)
His books include:
- Theory & Simulation of Market-Focused Management, Dryden Press
- Handbook of Marketing Research: Uses, Misuses and Recent Advances, Sage Publications
- ALL THE BUSINESS Your CEO Would Love You to Know
- Virtual Courses: https://www.precisedonline.com/
After over 40 years of business experience as an executive, consultant, academic, and administrator, Rajiv has turned to help steer organizations into making better decisions based on data and evidence. He believes that many executives do not possess the integrative stance to make sound decisions that impact multiple functions, stakeholders, and the environment. Toward this objective, Rajiv has devoted his thinking in developing an immersive web-based simulation, to help executives learn to run businesses with a cross-functional orientation.
Dr. Grover is the Founder and President of the Public Benefit Corporation, PrecisED, Inc.
Marketing Research and Entrepreneurial Strategy, Business Strategy, Web-Enabled Online Simulation for Developing Entrepreneurial Competencies